Job Title: Content & Digital Marketing Lead
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Reports to: CEO, Naomi Mishkin
Position Type: Full time
Applications accepted by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject: Content & Digital Marketing Lead Job Application – [Your Name]
NAOMI NOMI is a made to order and small batch garment line for working women. We build closets, not collections, and make clothes for you to live, work in, and love season after season. Our clothes are for doing your life’s work. That’s why we call it workwear. We are a young brand but have seen tremendous success so far having had features in the NYTimes, The Cut and GQ amongst others.
We are looking for an exceptional Content & Digital Marketing Lead to manage all earned marketing channels (e.g., social, influencers, email, SMS, PR) with analytical excellence and a relentless focus on building brand awareness to drive qualified site traffic that converts. This team member will possess the rare talent of developing inspired content and building the NAOMI NOMI community through rigorous, KPI-based test-and-learn strategies. A proven track record of rapidly growing a brand’s Instagram base through tactics such as stories/posts, community engagement, influencer marketing, and boosted posts while maintaining content engagement KPIs – a proxy for follower quality – will be paramount to this team member’s success. A strong candidate will be fluent in tactics to convert Instagram followers to site visitors and email/SMS subscribers. Management of the email and SMS programs will provide this team member with the opportunity to nurture prospects acquired through brand awareness marketing into converted customers. We will rely on this team member to articulate marketing wins and losses by “telling the story of the data” through comprehensive analytics and insightful connections between campaigns, site behavior, subscription rates, and conversion rates.
The ideal candidate will create and execute digital marketing campaigns based on our global marketing + merchandise calendar and nimbly adapt these campaigns to capitalize on or course-correct real-time trends. They will be equally capable of preparing reports that quantify this acquisition funnel. Experimenting with content distribution on platforms beyond Instagram (e.g., TikTok, Youtube) will be encouraged to keep us on the edge of digital marketing.
You will report to our CEO, closely engage with all members of our company, and be given the opportunity to share insights and recommendations with senior leadership and our CEO. This is a fantastic opportunity to grow a digital business, customer base, and brand. In addition, you will be working cross-functionally and have exposure to multiple facets of our fashion operation.
- Explode brand awareness through surgical optimization of our earned marketing channels including Instagram, other social media, influencer marketing, email, SMS, and PR
- Develop and implement comprehensive digital marketing strategies to drive qualified traffic for customer acquisition and retention.
- Grow the email / SMS subscriber base and execute campaigns in both channels to hit key growth targets ● Forecast Instagram follower growth and hit projected growth targets with the aim to build brand awareness that scales our ecommerce sales.
- Maintain daily, weekly, and monthly reports to monitor campaign performance and revise them based on these analytics and qualitative insights surfaced by fellow team members
- Stay abreast of competitor strategies, industry best practices, and cutting-edge marketing technologies in the digital sphere and recommend tools we could be investing in that can accelerate sales growth with a justified ROI
- Work with the following systems: Google Analytics, Airtable, FB/Insta, Sprout Social, Shopify, MailChimp
- 5+ years managing earned marketing channels including Instagram, other social media, email, SMS, PR, and influencer marketing
- Steeped in Instagram community growth and management techniques
- Proven ability to drive email and SMS subscription base through optimization of upstream traffic sources (e.g., Instagram, PR, Influencer Marketing)
- Comprehensive understanding of the full marketing funnel (e.g., awareness, consideration, purchase), which marketing channel aligns to each component, and how to flex each channel to hit brand awareness, traffic, and sales goals
- Be exceptionally fluent in KPIs (Impressions, CPM, CTR, CPC, Conversion Rate, AOV, Subscription Rate, ROAS) and their relationship to the marketing strategy, site traffic + customer acquisition, and ultimately the ecommerce business performance
- Robust analytical skills and ability to manipulate large data sets with elegance
- Deep working knowledge of one or multiple analytics packages, ideally Google Analytics ● Rockstar excel skills
- Superb project management skills with a proven ability to shepherd project contributors, compile stakeholder input, act as a liaison between project members, and ensure timely deliverables ● Skilled communicator who gets excited to share insightful learnings that will push our business forward ● Highly collaborative individual who often finds creative solutions, is a very fast learner, and has an affinity for ecommerce, fashion, bold thinking, and social activism
- Self-starter who thrives in an entrepreneurial atmosphere with light management
- Required software skills: Excel, Sprout Social, Google Analytics, Facebook, MailChimp ● Additional desired software skills: Shopify, Facebook Business Manager
- Experience with retail or consumer brands is a plus!
- Love of making things and making things happen is very much required.